Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 20 Apr 2021 13:38:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If you changed the contact number for the access code you need to pass identity verification questions.

If you can't verify with the options given you will not be able to access the online account.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 20 Apr 2021 18:14:59 GMT by pandw
Obviously, that is the whole problem. It makes no sense that a third party software company can submit my return without issue, but I can not. A simple solution would be for the helpline to be able to verify identities as well as the AI computer. This would solve the problem for a lot of people on this forum. Why can the helpline no longer verify people where the AI computer fails?
Posted Thu, 22 Apr 2021 11:05:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 4
Hi,
We can't advise why the process does not allow the helpine to verify.
Posted Wed, 13 Apr 2022 17:42:31 GMT by kenny123
Hi Team, I'm trying to verify my identity for my tax advisor by choosing P60/ Payslip and credit questions. After entering NI and address details, system was not able to verify my identity. I tried many times and after 5 attempts the PTA account is getting locked. Can you please help with the options. Thank You
Posted Thu, 14 Apr 2022 12:33:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi kenny123

If you are unable to verify with the options provided, you will not be able to access the online account.

There will be changes to the verification process in July, and you may be able to verify once these changes come into effect.

Thankyou.

Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.