Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 29 Sep 2022 12:03:01 GMT by wu2223
Hi, I have read some threads here on this forum about Cash Rewards given by foreign banks to their customers as incentives to use the banks' services. I'd like to know for rewards that are taxable, how they should be reported on SA106. That is, which sections/boxes of the form should this kind of income be entered into? Thank you
Posted Fri, 30 Sep 2022 14:20:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

This should be classed as other income. It is not to be treated as interest.

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 01 Oct 2022 03:35:43 GMT by wu2223
Hi, I understand it is not to be treated as interest. Please let me know which boxes on the SA106 form this kind of other foreign income should be input. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 05 Oct 2022 12:54:38 GMT by
Hi wu2223,

Depending on the exact nature of your 'other foreign income'.
Please declare it in either the 'Interest and other income from overseas savings' section.

Or the 'Dividends and all other income received by a person abroad'  (Boxes 10 to 13)section of fhe SA106.

You will find guidance here: 

Use these notes to help you fill in the Foreign pages of your tax return      

Thank you,         

You must be signed in to post in this forum.