Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 05 Jul 2022 20:43:06 GMT by WT
I got income / wages from online freelance job ( outside UK, not Europe countries ), when i fill in foreign income under self assessment, i don't know which one is suitable? Which of the following types of income or gain did you receive from overseas sources? 1/ Interest and other income from overseas savings 2/ Dividends from foreign companies 3/ Remitted foreign savings income 4/ Remitted foreign dividend income 5/ Overseas pensions, social security benefits and royalties etc 6/ Dividend income received by a person abroad 7/ All other income received by a person abroad and any remitted 'ring fenced' foreign income 8/ Employment, self-employment and other income which you paid foreign tax on 9/ Capital gains - foreign tax credit relief and Special Withholding Tax 10/ Any other overseas income and gains 11/ Income from land and property abroad
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2022 11:02:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please enter details of your overseas freelance earnings in the 'Employment'  section of your return.

And if foreign tax was deducted from the overseas earnings, please enter the relevant amounts in the
' Foreign tax paid on employment, self-employment and other income'  section.  

See link:

Foreign notes  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.