Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 27 Jul 2022 17:49:42 GMT by Richard Swingle
I am moving to Australia this year, having only worked a handful of days self employed in the UK and will reside in Australia for the majority of the UK and AUS tax years, do I need to speak with an HMRC agent about this move now or wait and mention it in my Self Assessment for 2022-2023 (for which year I believe I will be paying tax in Australia for the first time) The tricky thing for me is I may have work back in the UK occasionally moving forwards for a week here and there. Many thanks,
Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2022 15:04:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Richard Swingle,

You would be better contacting HMRC now to go through the process of what is likely to happen.
As personal information should not be given on the forum, please telephone 0200 300 3310.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:44:42 GMT by Gary Coombs
HMRC Admin20 - is there a typo in the phone number? Should it be 0300 200 3310?
Posted Mon, 01 Aug 2022 11:29:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Telephone  Number calling from the  UK  is 0300 200 3310.

Calling from Abroad 0300 200 3300   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.