Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:28:24 GMT by Poorna Narayanaswamy
Hi I've received a Self assesment Penalty but I dont need to send the return unfortunately I dont recall my email ID used for creating my Government Gateway ID and hence unable to reset my password and also cannot reach HMRC via phone for the past 1 week everytime have to wait for long time and then gets disconnected any help how to inform I dont need to send returns for may case would be of great help pls.
Posted Wed, 19 Apr 2023 14:32:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

You will need to continue trying to get through to us

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 06 Jun 2023 21:07:51 GMT by Irina Ishchenko
HI. I am trying to register as a Self employed but I spent like 4 hours in front of computer going from 1 link to the other 10 links and still didn`t figure it out. Anybody could help me, please?
Posted Thu, 08 Jun 2023 14:26:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please refer to guidance below and select which type of employment refers to you.

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 08 Jun 2023 14:58:17 GMT by Tamo29314
Hi. I am unable to get through to a HMRC representative to discuss my Simple Assessment calculation. The number provided (0300 322 7835) is not helpful. Please advise.
Posted Tue, 13 Jun 2023 14:33:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can discuss this with our Income Tax team.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.