Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 29 Dec 2023 18:12:56 GMT by
Hi, I am a UK tax resident. I have an Italian investment account where I own Italian government bonds from which I've earned interest. No foreign tax has been deducted from the interest earned. It is my understanding that I will need to pay taxes on the interest to HMRC and not the Italian government (correct me if I'm wrong). If this is the case, I am unsure of where this interest needs to be declared on the self assessment return. Does it go on the SA100 (interest from UK banks) or the SA106 (foreign page). Thank you in advance for your help.
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 12:49:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

As it is Italian income, it is foreign interest and should be on the SA106.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.