Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 06 Jan 2022 16:47:22 GMT by Alison Porteous
I previously asked a question about how to declare a full surrender of an overseas collective redemption bond (and received a reply - thanks). However, about 9 months later (and in a different tax year), rather nicely I got a dividend payment paid out, which had arisen post full surrender. I'd like to know how this is declared? Do I just treat it as I did the original full surrender, or do I declare it as dividend income? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:16:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If this has created a dividend payment and not another chargeable event gain then this
would be reported as dividend income. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.