Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 20 Sep 2022 10:43:14 GMT by alp
I sent my 21/22 self-assessment and SA109, plus a covering letter and some back dated SA109 that HMRC advised by registered post on 20 June 22, I am not in the UK but the package was signed for on 12 July. I've heard nothing since and have called HMRC a few times already. On 26 July I was told that it would be marked as a priority to be scanned and put into the system, and they took the registered post number from me. By 2 Sept I called again, I was told they would make a 'white paper scan request', they said the last time they had not requested that just that it was only marked as a priority. Still heard nothing and nothing on my online account, it's pretty expensive to keep calling the UK. How long until I get some response?? Its the first time I have done it by post, The deadline for paper returns is not far away. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 21 Sep 2022 12:43:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi alp, 

We are currently processing Self Assessement ax returns received on 10/05/2022.

If we have sent a priority capture referral, we aim to deal with those within 12 weeks.

Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 01:34:01 GMT by alp
Ok Thanks. Would be better for everyone if HMRC allowed me to submit the forms electronically, HMRC are paying to have the documents scanned when I could have just sent them electronically to you myself. Will I get a notification once its scanned into the system, confirming you have got it? What happens if you have still not done if after the paper return deadline, I sent it to you in June by registered post?
Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 13:35:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

The only notification you would get is the tax calculation we issue once it has been processed.

The received date is noted and entered onto the system, so even if it is processed after the paper deadline,
we would know we received it before.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.