Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 09:11:37 GMT by Mi Poon
Hi, I have moved to UK from Hong Kong on 30 Nov 2021 and I didn’t work during 6 Apr 2021 - 5 Apr 2022. I just received very little saving income from foreign banks (less than £100) for the whole year. I wonder if I need to file tax return for this tax year. If yes, do I need to apply split year treatment (SA109) and what other form(s) I need to submit? Thank you for your help.
Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 10:47:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance here:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:01:37 GMT by Mi Poon
Hi, Thanks for your reply. Just read through the link, I think I’m required to file tax return. However, it doesn’t mention about split year treatment, so for my mentioned case, do I need to submit SA109? Thanks!
Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 10:57:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Yes, the completion of SA109 is required as it is from this that split year treatment is claimed - q3 and q6 in particular.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 11 Oct 2022 10:41:53 GMT by Mi Poon
Hi, I’ve registered and requested for a UTR number on 21 Sep but still haven’t received it by post. May I know what I should do? Thanks
Posted Fri, 14 Oct 2022 07:52:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Mi Poon

Please check with our helpline to see if this has been processed.
Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.