Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Jul 2022 13:20:44 GMT by jwd4hmrc
I am an HMRC employee and I'm trying to complete my Self Assessment due to HICBC and SIPP contributions. I contacted PD1, but got confusing advice. I am a PAYE employee with Civil Service pension contributions. In addition to this I contribute to a SIPP on an ad-hoc basis. I believe this alters my taxable income and subsequently the HICBC. I'm trying to complete my self assessment, but can't deduce where I need to include the SIPP contributions. There is one section that mentions PPR in relation to pension contributions, however PD1 advised to include the 21/22 SIPP contributions as free text in an Any Other Information screen, which seems odd. Please note I've not received higher rate tax relief on these contributions yet. Can you please confirm how to include the SIPP contributions in my self assessment. Many thanks.
Posted Mon, 18 Jul 2022 14:31:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If these payments were not taken from your salary, you would include them on the return in the section for PPR.

Entering them as free text would not include them on the calculation.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.