Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 18 Jan 2023 10:35:40 GMT by MrsStret
At the end of last tax year 21/22 I received a refund because I had overpaid tax with my employers. I was then paid dividends so I'm now filing a self assessment for the same year to calculate and pay the tax on the dividends. I've listed all my employers and P60/P45 details and the dividend voucher. But where in the return do I list the tax refund I've had? Shall I just explain in the 'add more info' at the end? My calculation is off by the refund amount
Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2023 16:44:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi MrsStret,

You need to include it in the main body of the return.
There is a specific questions that asks about refunds already issued.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2023 16:51:03 GMT by MrsStret
Can you refer me to where as I couldn't find anything about refunds?
Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 15:05:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

When completing Tailor your return page 3, there is a question which asks if you have had any 2021/22
Income Tax refunded or off-set by us or JobCentrePlus. 

You need to answer yes to this question.

It will then open the section later on where you can enter the figure.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 22:07:36 GMT by MrsStret
Brilliant, thank you! Read Job Centre and not the ‘us or’ part. Have logged in and amended the return. Thanks for your help!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.