Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 12:39:56 GMT by KB Y
Hello I want to sell my overseas property. But no way can I do it if there is no referrer and attorney. I'm not able or willing to travel and depend on them, and also I need to solve family disputes. It takes lots of expenses, and I would first want to ensure it is tax deductible. Is a contract with them and bank transfer eligible enough? It is to prove I have transferred the money to them for the purpose of disposing of the property. Thank you
Posted Thu, 01 Jun 2023 13:27:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi KB Yiu,
You can only claim relief in respect of professional expenses and as such payments to family members would not be allowed.
Please see guidance here:
CG15250 - Expenditure: incidental costs of acquisition and disposal
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.