Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 23 Aug 2021 13:17:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi

If you pay the penalty and we accept your appeal, we will be able to refund the amount.

Thankyou.

Regards.
Posted Tue, 05 Apr 2022 15:24:35 GMT by ZW22
Hello - I've paid my penalty and just received a letter from HMRC today stating they accept my appeal. When will they reimburse me for the penalty that I've already paid?
Posted Wed, 06 Apr 2022 10:56:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If a penalty has been cancelled, and you have no outstanding amounts due, we would issue a refund for the amount paid.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 06 Apr 2022 11:56:58 GMT by Katyjane
Hi there, I have paid a penalty for late self-assessment via Bank Transfer. I have no confirmation whatsoever that HMRC have received this. It has left my account. What are next steps please
Posted Fri, 08 Apr 2022 12:25:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Katyjane

You can check with our Self Assessment department if it has been allocated to your record.

If it hasn't, we would need to know where you made the payment from and to, the amount, date and any reference used.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thankyou.

Regards.
Posted Fri, 22 Apr 2022 13:02:52 GMT by ZW22
Hello - As stated in my previous comment posted 17 days ago. I still haven’t received my penalty fine which I’ve already paid and I received a notice stating that the penalty was cancelled after I had appealed it. When I paid the fine to HMRC there was no option to state that the payment was for the penalty fine. So how does HMRC know the £100 I paid is for the penalty fine that has now been cancelled? I’ve called the self assessment number several times and my call is never answered. Please confirm who I should contact in order to receive an answer? Thanks
Posted Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:40:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

The payment would be allocated to your Self Assessment record and set against any amounts due.

Our Self Assessment department can confirm the position see link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries      .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.