Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Apr 2022 11:39:33 GMT by Anthony Dowling
Hi, I am looking for some help please. I filled in my last tax return for 2020 - 2021 as per normal, but on the 12th June 2021 I declared myself as no longer self employed due to health problems. Will I need to file a return for that short period between 06/04/21 & 12/06/21? I have tried looking in my government gateway portal but cannot see an entry for a self assesment as I normally would. If I need to file, will I be sent a notification? I do not want to fall foul of missing a notification & then getting fined! Thank-you
Posted Tue, 12 Apr 2022 14:28:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

If you contact our Self Assessment department, we can check if your record is closed and if a return is required:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 13 Apr 2022 09:53:11 GMT by Anthony Dowling
Thank-you. I will try this later.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.