Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 17 Mar 2022 21:33:41 GMT by Yu Ngai Yip
Hello. I would like to ask if we need to submit the form SA401 although our shop has not yet opened? It’s because we just registered our company but still don’t know what time we will open the shop. Now we received a letter with UTR from HM Revenue & Customs that ask us to complete SA401. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 18 Mar 2022 16:18:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Yu Ngai Yip,

If this is a partnership that has been set up then you will need to also register the partners.
You will therefore need to complete the form SA401. 

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 18 Mar 2022 21:18:22 GMT by Yu Ngai Yip
Thank you for your reply. Also, I would like to ask which date should I fill in the question that the SA401 form asked ‘When did your self employment begin?’ I’m working with other company as an employee now. And our shop will be opened a year or half year later. So I don’t know when my self employment will begin. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 21 Mar 2022 09:18:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Please note that your self employment will begin on the day your shop opens and you start trading in a self-employed capacity.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:15:47 GMT by Yu Ngai Yip
Hello. Is that mean we can wait to submit the form SA401 till our shop opens? No need to submit the SA401 at this moment as our shop not yet opened? Thank you for your help.
Posted Tue, 22 Mar 2022 14:31:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Please complete and submit form SA401 when you know the date on which your shop will open and your partnership commences.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.