Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 May 2024 08:58:55 GMT by wgrabek
I am considering to withdraw my private pension that I have in the UK. I had informed HMRC that I'm no longer a UK resident. Now, as a Polish tax resident, I have been advised that the income paid out of fund shall be taxable only in Poland as "other income" (it will not be paid in respect of past employment). Whether there is any UK tax on due on it? Are there any additional forms which I have to submit to HMRC? Thanks for any assistance and advice.
Posted Wed, 08 May 2024 08:08:28 GMT by wgrabek
Just to add, Polish tax authority (National Revenue Administration Information Center) informs that Article 17 of the DTA only applies to payments that are in consideration of past employment (OECD MTC Commentaries). In my case there will be payment from capital that has not been funded from an employment pension scheme.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 14:42:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi wgrabek

Please refer to Tax on your UK income if you live abroad

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.