Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 17 May 2023 07:38:31 GMT by Lee
I have filed my self assessment early. The July payment on account will be much greater than necessary to cover my tax return. Do I still need to pay this payment in full (and then claim back) or can I just pay the amount owed to make up the difference? Thanks
Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 14:15:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Your statement will update the details based on the submission and you will have an adjusted payment to make.

You will be able to view your statement online if you use online filing to confirm.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.