Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 31 May 2024 14:03:31 GMT by MTC
Hi there, I thought I needed to apply for self-assessment for the split year treatment and registered the UTR number on 17th Jan,24. After clarification from your team that I am not required to register a UTR number, because I have no taxable income in UK part and the oversea part of income was already reported to Hong Kong Tax Department. Then I submitted an online form to tell you "I have never been self-employed" on 15th Feb,24. However, I just received a letter from your department that require more information to register for Self Assessment on 20th May,24. May I know what should I do now? or just ignore the letter? because I've no taxable income after I become a UK tax resident. Thank you so much!
Posted Thu, 06 Jun 2024 07:24:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
If you do not meet the criteria and need to close the Self Assessment record you can submit an online submission to close your account.
Or contact HMRC to review:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.