Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 16 Jan 2022 17:54:03 GMT by Jacob Moorad
I understand that these are taxed as income rather than capital gains, but I am unsure how to report these in my Self-Assessment. 'Other overseas income and gains' in the "Foreign' section seems appropriate. Is that correct? If so, how do I claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief for this?
Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 14:44:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

It will depend on type of income or disposal.

Dividend income will be reported on the dividend section, either UK section or foreign section of the return while any disposals will be recorded as capital gains.

You may need to check your paperwork as to the type of income is being received.

Foreign tax credit for tax already paid is then entered on the foreign section of the return. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.