Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 May 2023 09:48:52 GMT by P McGraghan
I am a sole trader and have purchased a new van in the 2022/23 tax year. It is a diesel van. How do I claim for this in my tax assessment. I want to claim it all in one year.
Posted Fri, 12 May 2023 10:27:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi P McGraghan

You will claim this as annual investment allowance in your return.
Annual investment allowance

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 10:09:20 GMT by joustman 1963
Hi I am a Hackney Carriage Taxi Driver. I have bought a Brand new Electric Taxi that qualifies for 100% AIA. Can someone tell me what my options are, claiming allowances wise, and how to go about doing so please, in the simplest possibly terms? Thanks
Posted Thu, 25 May 2023 11:35:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please refer to guidance at:

Claim capital allowances

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.