Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 12 Oct 2022 23:31:37 GMT by py cheung
In the tax period 21-22, I am the lunchlady and playworker in two different state schools. The salary have already deducted the tax before giving me. Besides that i am piano instructor teaching piano at my home. Since my income from teaching piano more than £1000, so i have to apply self-employed and complete the form of SA100 , am i right? When i am filling in the SA100 for self assessment, i find that the question 1 is about employment, so i have to fill in "YES" because i work two part time jobs in diffetent dtate schools, am i right? Because i fill in YES, so i have to fill up other form which is SA102 about employment. However, most people tell me i no need to pay a tax and fill in the form because my employers have already paid for this. Now I feel confused is when i apply self-employed SA100 of my piano income, i also have to complete SA102 about employment in the state schools. It is quite complicated for me because i have two different identites of job. I don't know which form do i really have to conplete it?
Posted Mon, 17 Oct 2022 14:26:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

As your self employed turnover is more that £1000.00, you meet the criteria for completing a self assesment tax return (SA100). 

You will also need to declare your worldwide income in the tax return, using the supplementay pages, if appropriate. 

As you are in PAYE employment, you will need to complete form SA102 for each of your employments. 

On it, you will need to show the pay and tax from each of your employments. 

This information can be found on your P60's from those employers. 

You would also declare your turnover, expenses and taxable profit for your self employment on form SA103. 

All of these forms can be downloaded at

Self Assessment tax return forms  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.