Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Jul 2022 20:50:02 GMT by Man
Hi, I would like to ask the following questions: 1 My father had no income for many years, and he has newly moved into the U.K. at last November. We have did the following test for him: The result is 'You do not need to send a Self Assessment tax return'. For this, should we to inform the HMRC about this? Could we finish this without the national Insurance number? Actually we have applied a national insurance number for him, but the application was failed because he has no income. 2 I received a telephone call at the 13-July-2022 morning, the number was 07488 799019. It was a recorded call claims that they were from the HMRC . Could you check if that number was a real HMRC call?
Posted Mon, 18 Jul 2022 13:46:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

No you do not need to advise HMRC that your father does not need to complete a return.

For concerns re the phone call, please refer to :

Avoid and report internet scams and phishing     .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.