Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Dec 2022 10:29:52 GMT by dannywong
I become UK tax resident on tax year 21-22 when I migrated to UK on Jul 2021. I applied the self tax return assessment as i need to apply split year treatment for my oversee incomes before Jul 2021. However, I am not aware the SA109 is not available online and ! have passed the deadline for submitting the tax return assessment by post, What could I do? I am not even able to find SA109 form in the website.
Posted Wed, 14 Dec 2022 15:57:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You will need to purchase commercial 3rd party software in order to submit the residence section along with the main Self Assessment tax return online, you can choose from the products located here:

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers 

Your only other alternative is to submit a paper tax return, which will attract a late filing penalty. The SA100 and Sa109, along with the other relevant supplementary pages can be found here:

Self Assessment tax return forms  

You can also appeal a late filing penalty. There is guidance on penalties here:

Estimate your penalty for late Self Assessment tax returns and payments

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.