Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 25 Aug 2022 14:32:34 GMT by sasser88
Hello, My situation below: - I had a job in Hong Kong - Moved to UK at June 19, 2021. Split year started at this day - Remotely working for this Hong Kong employer from June 19 to Sep 4, 2021. - I started another job in UK at Sep 5, 2021. Question: Do I need to report the income from Hong Kong employer between June 19 - Sep 4? If yes, how to calculate and report it? Thanks!
Posted Tue, 30 Aug 2022 16:42:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

The income derived from abroad, while resident in the UK, is classed as foreign income and is declared on the foreign section of the tax return (SA106) including any foreign tax paid on this income.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 01 Sep 2022 18:26:11 GMT by sasser88
Thanks Admin. In HK we have tax allowance like dependent children, married status and etc, and the allowance is for whole year. So, how to calculate for the HK taxable amount in this June - Sep period? In my case, - I was HK tax resident from Apr - Sep 2021, 5 months - Stayed in HK from Apr - June 2021, 2 months - Moved to UK and stay there from June - Sep 2021, 3 months Which one is correct to calculate the HK tax allowance for June - Sep 2021 period? Thanks! 1. the HK tax allowance divided by 12 and times 3 2. the HK tax allowance divided by 5 and times 3 3. apply the whole HK tax allowance Thanks.
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 13:26:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As advised in a previous reply, you will need to refer to the calculator tool for your residence status.

If you are entitled to claim the UK personal allowances then you will receive the annual amount as these are not apportioned.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.