Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 18:20:49 GMT by Ka Hung Chan
I have contacted HRMC Self Assessment several times, but advisors of HRMC hotline cannot provide advice for solving my case. I don't know how to register and obtain an UTR Number because I am new to UK from Hong Kong. I am retired with interest income only. When I go through SA1 form, there's no box for me to indicate interest income if I am registered as 'not employed'. What can I do for register an account for self assessment and obtain my UTR numbers? Any advise.
Posted Fri, 27 Jan 2023 12:40:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you complete the onscreen fill in, print and post form, you can answer yes to the question "Do you have any other other reason for completing a tax return?" and state in the box below the reason you are required to complete a return.

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.