Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2022 14:14:52 GMT by Rachael Hawken
Hello I will be making the max. pension contribution (re:tax relief) of £40K this tax year. I have been advised that I can actually 'top up' my contributions from the previous 3 years (in no previous year did I contribute more than £15K) and claim tax relief on those contributions. How do I do this? Do I need to amend my tax returns from previous years (is this even possible)? Thank you
Posted Fri, 16 Sep 2022 11:48:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Rachael Hawken,

You do not need to amend the return.
Further guidance on pensions is at:
Pension savings — tax charges (Self Assessment helpsheet HS345)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.