Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 07 Jan 2023 21:11:57 GMT by Danny LEUNG
Hi, Hi. I immigrated to UK on 2 March 2020 and receives monthly pension income from the HK government. Noting that Article 17 of the UK/ Hong Kong Double Taxation Agreement is in Force and pension income from Hong Kong government shall only be taxed in Hong Kong . Do I need to fill this income in the Tax Self-assessment Form? Thanks Danny LEUNG
Posted Thu, 12 Jan 2023 14:12:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

As the pension is only taxable in Hong Kong, you do not need to declare it in the UK.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 12 Jan 2023 19:14:45 GMT by Danny LEUNG
Thanks for your prompt reply. Danny LEUNG

You must be signed in to post in this forum.