Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 22 Oct 2023 14:00:12 GMT by
Hi, 1. I am currently employed in the UK, and my company has already handled my tax reporting, and I have paid my taxes for 2022-23. However, I need to apply for split year treatment and report foreign income, so I am in the process of completing the SA100 Self Assessment tax return form. Regarding tax return 01 - employment, do I also need to provide employer information and submit the SA102 form? 2.Can I download and print the SA100 Self Assessment tax return form online?
Posted Thu, 26 Oct 2023 08:52:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi bonny,

Yes, if you meet the criteria for Self Assessment because you received foreign income after you arrived in the UK, and you wish to claim Split Year Treatment, you should also declare the Employment income (and any other income) you earned in the UK in 2022/23.
Links to relevant guidance (including completing your SA return online) are provided below.  
Tax on foreign income                                            
RDRM12030 - Residence: The SRT: Split year treatment: When will split year treatment apply

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.