Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Jul 2022 14:06:03 GMT by Candice Chan
I am an immigrant and arrived in UK last October. Should I report my foreign income earned between last April and October in tax return?
Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 13:02:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 15:00:25 GMT by Candice Chan
Thanks for your reply. I have another question. I resigned last September, 2021 in Hong Kong and my pension account termination day is the same day. The corresponding payment was separated into two parts and delivered to me on Nov, 2021 and May 2022 (I don't know why they separate into two parts). Therefore I need to submit interest gain of bank accounts (except ISA account in UK) after arrival in UK. However, I am not sure if I have to report my pension in tax return on "foreign" pages? In fact, there is no interest gain of my pension after Sept 2021. I would therefore appreciate it if you can give me a hand!! Thanks!
Posted Wed, 20 Jul 2022 10:32:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Under Article 17 of the Double Taxation Agreement with Hong Kong, pensions from Hong Kong are only taxable there.

You do not need to declare this income in the UK   .

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 22 Jul 2022 16:23:18 GMT by Candice Chan
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I am self-employed but my income is from Hong Kong. I would like to ask if I have to fill both "self-employment" pages (page 1 Your turnover) and "Addition information" pages (page 2 foreign earnings not taxable in the UK)
Posted Mon, 25 Jul 2022 13:17:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

On the basis of the info you have provided, you would only have to enter your turnover in the Self Employment pages. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.