Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 16 Sep 2022 17:49:44 GMT by Martin
Hi, I have been using self assessment for several years due to income from a rented property. I went to do my self assessment but my saved link didnt work. I had to google the HMRC login page and login. However once logged in the next sreen is totally unfamiliar. I can see no option to start my self assessment. Should i register again?? I tried calling today and after being on hold for 30 minutes i was told that my self assessment is probably linked to my other ID? I said that makes no sense, I have 1 ID, i've used the same method since 2007/8 so i dont understand what she was on about!! please can someone tell me if i need to re-register for self assessment or will that then create 2 accounts that will just confuse everything? I dont have time during the day to be on hold and i work from 8am to 5:30pm so being on hold for 30 minutes gets me through to someone who wants to go home as they finish at 6 and want to go home! I read some where that registering for self assessment needs to be done by the 5th of October. So I am anxious no to get this resovled before I end up with further stress / fines. Thanks for any help, ..
Posted Wed, 21 Sep 2022 11:57:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If you use to login using the gov.uk verify options, this stopped being available during the last tax year.

If you do not see an option for Self Assessment on your account, you will need to login with your Government Gateway details and select 'enrol for service' and select Self Assessment.

Sign in using Government Gateway

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.