Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 10 Jul 2022 13:24:48 GMT by 313688488604
I wish to transfer 10% of my personal allowance to my husband. To do this I completed my tax return which has a box to allow a transfer. The return was not yet checked and filed but HMRC (I assume) have deleted it because I did not owe any tax. How do I either get back in to my return (there seems to be no way to do this) or how do I use another method to request the 10% transfer.
Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2022 11:16:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

The return should still be on our system even if no tax was due, if you contact our helpline we can check if
the Marriage Allowance transfer has gone through.

See link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.