Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 06:50:29 GMT by pollysiuyk
I am a non-UK resident as well as a non-resident landlord of a UK property bought last year for investment, being rent out during the fiscal year. This is my first time to complete the Self Assessment Tax Return online. I really don't understand why the entries (entered by HMRC) on the tax return indicate that I have got a "National Insurance Number (NINO)" and my "Taxpayer residency status" is "English and Northern Irish". I have all along been living in Hong Kong since I was born. This will significantly affect my tax liability.
Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 15:53:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You will need to amend your return to include the SA109 residence page showing that you are not a UK resident.

You cannot file this page online unless you use 3rd party software.

Thank you.

Posted Sun, 04 Dec 2022 04:51:10 GMT by pollysiuyk
Thank you very much for your prompt response. I shall try to do that as advised. Many thanks!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.