Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 10 Sep 2022 13:27:07 GMT by RS
Hi, Both me and my wife moved to Canada a couple of weeks ago with my work. We both have to submit a self assessment tax form each year and have already done so for the tax years 2021-22. However, reading the guidance as we normally submit a self assessment tax form this is also how we need to inform HMRC that we have moved but the only forms available at the moment are for 2021-22 which we have already submitted. Am I missing something or do we need to wait until the 2022-23 form is available to submit this to notify we are moving? Thanks
Posted Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:34:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can inform us now that you have left the UK, however you can submit the return once the tax year has ended,
from 06/04/2023.

See Link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries     .

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.