Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 03 Jul 2022 15:10:41 GMT by kevinhui
I am a non-resident landlord who live at HK. Since I started to receive rent income from an UK property in May 2021, I mailed a self assessment form in paper to HMRC in late April 2022. Will I receive a letter from HMRC and inform me about my UTR code?
Posted Tue, 05 Jul 2022 10:35:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please refer to guidance at :

Register for Self Assessment    .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 05 Jul 2022 15:15:18 GMT by kevinhui
So am I supposed to receive an activation code within 21 days if I live abroad? However, my SA form reached HMRC in late April, but I still did not receive any feedback. What can I do?
Posted Thu, 07 Jul 2022 10:52:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You would still get a letter once this has been processed.

If you contact our Income Tax team they can advise if it has been processed.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.