Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 22 May 2023 18:37:47 GMT by ken shum
Hi there, From August 2022 to September 2022, I was employed in a factory through recruitment agency A. Starting from October 2022, agency A transferred me to agency B. I received P45 and P60 forms from agency B. Throughout the two months I spent with agency A, I paid income tax on a weekly basis. However, I did not receive a P45 form from agency A, although I have retained all the payslips. In the tax year 2022-2023, my total income was below £12,570. Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible for me to claim a refund for the tax I have already paid. Additionally, I would appreciate guidance on which form I should use to initiate the refund claim. Thank you very much for your assistance.
Posted Fri, 26 May 2023 08:22:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

We perform the end of year calculations starts from towards the end of June and you will receive a calculation between then and October if you have overpaid tax. If you wish to claim a refund before then, you will need to contact us and provide the P60 details from agency B as they may not have been added to your record yet.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.