Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 16 Jul 2022 09:33:59 GMT by lc
During Self Assessment, I declared foreign income and put an amount. And found that foreign income doesn't shown in the final tax calculation, but Foreign Tax Credit Relief does show. From my understanding, my total income should be "Total income as Sole Trader" + "Total Foreign Income". Do I misunderstand or I miss anything in the self assessment? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 10:36:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If the foreign income relates to PAYE employment or self employment, you also need to declare it on that approprite page for
the income to be included in the calculation  .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 11:37:10 GMT by lc
Thanks for reply. My foreign income is actually employment wage from foreign country, it does not have P60 or P45 or PAYE. In this case, how should I declare it in Self Assessment? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 14:10:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

Complete the PAYE employment page and where it asks for the reference, you can enter "foreign/abroad". You will show the income as the same amount you have declared on the foreign page but leave the "UK tax paid" box empty.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.