Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Jul 2022 19:03:33 GMT by Elizabeth Dyson
Hi, I am due to move to Switzerland this year. I currently work in the UK as both PAYE and self-employed. I already complete a self-assessment form each tax year. I will have one final PAYE payment once I move to Switzerland. I am hoping to continue with my self-employed work in the UK whilst in Switzerland, it is all done remotely so I would be physically in Switzerland but working/invoicing/being paid in UK. I am also looking at working part time in Switzerland for a Swiss employer (permit pending). Is this allowed, and if so, are there any forms that I need to fill out before I go? The P85 was advised to me on a telephone call, but that doesn't seem quite right if I am still going to be earning in the UK? I will also have UK rental income to declare (and have completed both NRL1 form, and the notification for stopping Child Benefit form). Thank you for your advice.
Posted Mon, 18 Jul 2022 14:02:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please refer to guidance at :

Tax on foreign income   ,

to ascertain which country you will be reporting your  employment  tax to.

As a non resident landlord, you still need to report the rental income in the UK.

You may want to review the Swiss tax legislation regarding working both self employed
and for a company   .

Thank yolu.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.