Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Jul 2022 22:00:00 GMT by Arisavd
Hello, I am on the process of filling up my self assessment and I come across the part of company benefits which is also about the BIk value of company car I drive. As I am aware my company changes my tax code to a lower one to deduct the tax amount reflected on the benefit having a company car. My question is do I need to add this P11d value of cash equivalent that anywhere on the self assessment or not as the tax code has already lowered down my tax free amount to a code of 129L through the year Cheers
Posted Mon, 18 Jul 2022 13:20:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Yes you need to include any company benefits you receive.

Having then in your tax code is to collect the correct amount of tax and this needs to be reflected in the tax return .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.