Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 26 Jul 2023 08:15:15 GMT by edwardchusing
I am holding some individual bonds and bond funds overseas, and would like to ask whether the income considered as saving interest or dividend income? It is because different tax rates and allowances would be applied. In addition, when I am submitting self-assessment tax return, do I need to submit any document to prove the income (e.g. bank statements)? Your advice is highly appreciated, many thx.
Posted Wed, 02 Aug 2023 15:08:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi edwardchusing,

Different rates apply for overseas interest and dividends and you have not provided enough information for HMRC to confirm what type of income that you have.
You do not need to  provide evidence with your tax return.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.