Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 08 Apr 2022 14:13:37 GMT by Darren Mills
Hi, I am a higher earner, and my wife was claiming child benefit. She has cancelled this payment but my tax code still reflects the adjustment to reverse out. How can I update my code as the phone lines are an hour wait and the PAYE person when I got through couldn't help me. Thanks
Posted Mon, 11 Apr 2022 14:25:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If Child benefit should be removed from the code, it would be our Income Tax department that you need to speak with.

All the contact methods are here :

Income Tax: general enquiries .

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 11 Apr 2022 14:31:54 GMT by Darren Mills
Hi, I tried this and after an hour on hold they said they couldn’t help and needed to speak to self assessment? Which one should it be Please?
Posted Tue, 12 Apr 2022 14:15:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you contact our Self Assessment department, we can check if all the returns have been received for the period you received the Child Benefit,
and we can adjust the code accordingly.

See link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.