Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Dec 2023 12:10:46 GMT by
Hi, I am UK tax resident and self-employed as a consultant. I work in my UK home and provide service to my client in Hong Kong. My client made payment to my Hong Kong bank account. I have also received interest on my saving in Hong Kong bank account but the total amount is less than £2000. I would like to ask the following questions: 1) Should I report my Hong Kong freelance income via SA103 or SA106? Could I claim trading income allowance for this case? 2) Do I need to report my Hong Kong interest amount in SA100 income section box 3? Or should I report the interest in SA106? Thanks for your time on this.
Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 11:01:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Paul_121
If tax has been deducted on the income as a consultant you will declare it in both the SA103 and SA106 in order to claim foreign tax credit relief. if not, then only on the SA103. for the interest, if tax deducted, its on the sa106, if not, then box 3.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.