Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 15 Jun 2022 14:47:27 GMT by Manon Rouby
Hi There, I am a resident in the UK under the EU pre-settled statute. I recently received a job offer from an organisation that is registered and located in Belgium. However, they are keen on having this position running remotely from the UK (details the job would be for around 20 hours/ week as it is part-time under Belgium Law). My understanding under 15 of the Belgium-UK Double Taxation convention, is that if the employment is exercised in the UK (remotely) only UK taxes should apply. Moreover, in case of double taxation will arise this could normally be resolved by taking a foreign tax credit on a UK Self Assessment tax return. Is my understanding of the situation correct? Might there be any Belgian tax obligations? Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted Wed, 15 Jun 2022 16:48:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
As UK tax resident you will declare the income in a UK tax return and claim foreign tax credit relief if applicable.
HMRC are unable to answer questions relation to other countries tax obligtions and you would need to contact the Belgian tax authorities to confirm.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.