Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Dec 2022 11:38:24 GMT by 69 54 79 22 97 68
Hi, Looking for some help how should I fill my tax return. I have worked in UK for couple of years and moved abroad at the beginning of this year (2022). I need to fill self assessment for the first time. I have no UTR and I can not fill SA1 form online as I don't have UK documents to confirm my identity (I don't have UK ID or UK driving license as I'm EU citizen). Is there any other option except sending paper version of SA1 to UK? If I send paper version of SA1 probably I will have to wait couple of months for UTR and will miss the deadline for submitting tax return at end of January. I have no idea how should I act now. Would be very grateful for any advice. Kind regards, Krzysztof
Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2022 15:30:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you are unable to verify online you will need to send a paper return.

When we set up your UTR and request the return, you will get 3 months and 7 days to complete the return without receiving a late filing penalty. The 31 January 2022 date will still apply for payments due.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.