Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Apr 2022 08:56:51 GMT by Thomasy
Hi, As a non UK resident landlord who just started receiving income from a property in the UK in tax year 2021/22, I have just received a letter from HMRC enclosing my UTR number and indicating a self assessment record has been set up for me. Do I still need to register the self assessment by filling out the SA1 form? Or should I directly complete my tax return? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 19 Apr 2022 13:49:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Given that a Self Assessment record has already been set up for you, you do not have to complete form SA1.

Please just directly complete your 2022 tax return.

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.