Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 11 May 2023 15:37:36 GMT by YUI CHUNG CHOW
If any interest tax earned from foreign bank, is it also entitled "Starting rate for savings" and "Personal Savings Allowance"?
Posted Thu, 18 May 2023 13:26:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Yes, the Starting rate for Savings and the Personal Savings Allowance apply to both UK and foreign interest. However, you would still be required to declare the foreign interest in a Self Assessment tax return.                                                                          

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.