Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2022 14:18:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

ItsmeFon ,
If the details are correct, he may need to ensure his details are held correctly on our systems see link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries  .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2022 17:02:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Kinga
When completing the verification questions you will need to use the 'get help with this page' or 'is there something wrong with this page' link to contact the digital support team.
If the information is correct, you will need to advise them of this to check if there is any process to review this.
Posted Wed, 13 Jul 2022 10:54:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Andrea Zanchi ,
If you are unable to verify with the options provided, you will need to complete a paper return.

You will need to complete the SA100 and any supplementary pages which apply to the income you received in the tax year.

The forms can be found here :

Self Assessment tax return forms    .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 13 Jul 2022 15:12:46 GMT by Bianca1996
Hi I need help in completing my self assessment tax return.I tried to confirm my identity by learning license and the p60. But in the "total for the year" section that appears in my p60 I get an error at the added value. What does that mean? Many thanks!
Posted Wed, 13 Jul 2022 15:21:38 GMT by Sarah Osborne
I cannot verify my ID on line. According to DVLA, another Govt Agency has different details to those held by DVLA. They cannot tell me how to find out which Govt Agency so that I can fix the problem. They will issue a verification code valid for 21 days. This is suitable for car hire places and so on but does HMRC provide a place on the verification page to input that code? No, they do not. I logged a technical complaint but they wrote back to say not their problem. I see that lots of people have this problem or similar problems. Who can help me with this? I’m not satisfied with ringing up and getting my UTR sorted by a beleaguered person over the phone. I want to know why this is so impossible to navigate and why I can’t find out who holds incorrect details on file. My only thought is to write to Myrtle Lloyd to see if she can shed any light on this ongoing Customer Service problem.
Posted Fri, 15 Jul 2022 10:30:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Bianca1996,

When using the P60 option, it should be the pay and tax from that employment only.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 21 Jul 2022 12:54:04 GMT by Bianca1996
Hi, I have a problem with the p60, I correctly enter the data from the p60 and still get the error .What can i do? Thanks
Posted Sat, 23 Jul 2022 13:18:35 GMT by Christine Tong
Hi, I have problem to verify identity for self assessment registration since I hold HKSAR passport and no UK driver licence. How can I continuous, thank
Posted Mon, 25 Jul 2022 12:48:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Christine Tong ,
If you are unable to pass the verification questions, you will need to complete the fill in, print and post form.

See link:

Register for Self Assessment   .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 26 Jul 2022 07:54:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Bianca1996,

If you contact our Income Tax team they can check that the details from the P60 match our records.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 17 Aug 2022 17:05:40 GMT by Caolan1 Mclaughlin
Hi, I applied for my UTR numbe, but on my bank statement for Proof of address it only has one second name and I have a double-barrel surname. How can else can I prove address. As I don’t have any of the other documents given in the options. Thanks
Posted Fri, 19 Aug 2022 16:22:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Caolan1 Mclaughlin,

You will need to contact our helpline to ensure that your details are held correctly and request another letter.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.