Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 16 Aug 2023 18:36:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Edith Wallwork,
This is not for HMRC.
Please refer to:
Manage an existing benefit, payment or claim
Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 29 Aug 2023 21:12:09 GMT by Egor
Hello, I'm trying to walk through a Confirm My Identity process but any options I tried not work! The app is trying to match my face with BRP and failed 3 times in a row.. - how could it be? The detailes of my Payslit with the UK drivind license - not work. The detailes of my P60 with the UK driving license - either not work. Addresses/credit history - not work. How could I confirm my identity then? Are there in-person option? Like in Post Office?
Posted Tue, 29 Aug 2023 21:15:23 GMT by Egor
Oh,.. this is really funny - I can't event complain about "Confirm your identity" process, because I need to Confirm my identity first. Is there another way to complain?
Posted Mon, 04 Sep 2023 14:18:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

There will be an option at the bottom of the page when you are verifying to click on. This will generate a ticket that is sent to the digital support team. The only verification options are the ones shown online.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 19 Sep 2023 11:16:07 GMT by Jeremy Carruthers
I was given the following work-around by HMRC Complaints Manager after I had complained about the impossiblilty of verifying the Government Gateway Id of my brother (whose affairs I manage) as he has no Passport, Driving Licence or Credit. (I used to complete his Self Assessment Tax Return using the Agent system but access to this has been revoked for family and friends.) Here is the reply I received from HMRC. It worked for me and I hope it does for you: ---------- If you are unable to answer questions from 2 of the identity sources relating to your brother that are provided online, unfortunately you will not be able to access or create a Personal Tax account on your brother’s behalf. I appreciate any frustration this causes; however, it is vital we ensure the safety of all our customers information. Please note, even if you are not able to create a Personal Tax account for your brother, this will not stop you from being able to login and complete a Self-Assessment tax return on his behalf. You can still do this by creating and logging into a Business Tax account. To do this, please follow the instructions below: Go to the log-in-register-hmrc-online-services page Select 'register to file your returns online' and then ‘Create sign in details’. Follow the journey and ensure that you choose 'Organisation' as the type of account. Once you create the Business Tax account, sign back in with the newly created credentials, and follow the steps below to enrol for the online Self-Assessment service. Log in with your Government Gateway user ID and Password you have just created Select ‘add Self-Assessment’ Select Yes Enter UTR Select ‘Individual or sole trader’ Enter your National Insurance number and personal details At the ‘We need to ask some questions to prove your identity’ screen, select ‘request a secure pin to be sent to you by post’ Select ‘Request an activation code in the post’ At this point, an activation pin will be sent through the post. Once you have received the activation code, log in using the credentials for the Business Tax to activate the Self Assessment enrolment. Once you have activated this, you will be able to file your brother’s tax return online without completing online identity verification. 
Posted Tue, 10 Oct 2023 13:47:38 GMT by Chloe Wong Ke Ee
Hello, I try sign in the government gateway account, even I type the right informations and national insurance no., it still mentions the record does not matched which I don't know how to verify myself to get the account. What should I do?
Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:50:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Chloe Wong Ke Ee,
You would need to contact our online helpdesk for assistance:
Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you. 
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 03:56:18 GMT by Oleg Zaikin
Hello. I am trying to confirm my identity via 2 options: P60 and credits. I am asked about my 2022-2023 P60, but I only have one for 2021-2022 because I quit my position in the UK in 2022 and since then I have been unemployed in the UK. I also have P45 for 2022-2023 from my employer. I tried to fill data from the old (2021-2022) P60, but it didn't work. Could you please help me with that issue? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 12:24:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Oleg
If you left during the tax year then you would not have a P60 but the P45 would provide the pay and tax details. You can also contact out online helpline for assistance.
Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.