Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 21 Mar 2023 12:42:24 GMT by jasonellard
Hello I'm looking for some help please. I have been asked to complete a self assessment form for 2021 - 2022 I was made redundant and my final redundancy payment was in the march so this has pushed me over the higher tax rate for child benefit. I normally earn £50300 but the redundancy has pushed me into the higher bracket as the payment was £7463 - should this be included when filling out the assessment ? Thanks
Posted Tue, 28 Mar 2023 10:23:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to include any amount of the redundancy that was taxable income.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.