Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 18 Oct 2022 14:53:24 GMT by Ben
I just registered for self-assessment tax. I am a food delivery driver working with the 3 subject companies. In the application under 'business name and address', I put the Deliveroo business name followed by its registered tax address. I read that a separated tax return has to be completed for each business, so I registered the two other places in the same way. I'm now wondering whether I just need to file one tax return for the total earnings. I'm confused because I am classified as self-employed, but I have contracts with the individual companies to deliver for them. Should I have listed the business address as my own home address, even though there's no 'business' there instead of using the business addresses for the companies I deliver with? Do I just need to file one return or three? Thanks very much for any advice.
Posted Fri, 21 Oct 2022 16:03:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You only need to register as self employed once.
When completing your self assessment tax return (SA100) you would also submit 3 SA103 self employed supplementary pages, one for each subject company.
You should contact the SA helpline on 0300 200 3310, to ensure that no more than one self assessment record exist for you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.