Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 20 Jul 2022 16:26:56 GMT by Marcus Wong
Hi, I've foreign self-employment income from Hong Kong in tax year 21/22. During filing the self assessment, besides self-employment page, do i need to submit Foreign page if I do not claim for Foreign Tax Credit Relief ? Thanks
Posted Thu, 21 Jul 2022 13:06:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Posted Mon, 25 Jul 2022 08:08:25 GMT by Tejas1983
Hi, I have additional query on foreign income as below, I am currently resident in UK on Skilled worker VISA since Aug'21 while my domicile status is still Indian (Domicile understanding here is my father and I are born in UK with permanent home in India and still carry Indian passport). I have been living in UK since Jan'2017 but was on ICT Tier 2 visa until I changed it to Skilled work visa last year. Since Sept'21, I have been earning income from property rent, share dividend and trading in India. Do I need to declare this income while filing self assessment tax return for Year 21-22 and does my Domicile status has specific rule in declaring income earned abroad?
Posted Tue, 26 Jul 2022 13:25:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

The UK rental income needs to be declared in your tax return on the SA105 PAGE.

Please refer to guidance :

Tax on foreign income   .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 26 Jul 2022 13:57:45 GMT by Tejas1983
Hi Admin, The rental income is earned in India from property in India. Do I still need to declare this on SA105 page? I do not have any income on rent from property in UK.
Posted Wed, 27 Jul 2022 07:37:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Tejas1983 ,
You will need to declare the rental income on the foreign income page - SA106   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.